At the end of August it is pretty hot in Apulia, Southern Italy (some days temperature is around 40°C). Then, having more vegetables and fruit might turn to be a daily healthy habit in order to help feeling well. What is more, at the food market there is a rich colorful triumph among season vegetables and fruit to choose for preparing appetizing dishes. One of the simplest lightest dishes for these hot days is the soup of vegetables, which you can serve fresh. Down here I’m going to provide a short note with the ingredients you need and the description to make it. You are very welcome to try it, if it meets your personal tastes. Enjoy it!
Soon it’s gonna be Summer again and we love staying in the open air, living the cosy moments of conviviality with family and friends around a table or, even better, sitting on the grass for enjoying a picnic. At this proper, stuffed zucchini flowers, fried and served warm, might be an inviting and very welcome appetizer. Here to follow we have got the ingredients and few steps for the execution of the dish.
- 20 zucchini flowers
- 500 gr cow milk ricotta cheese
- 25 gr parmigiano + 25 gr rodez cheese
- 50 gr mortadella Bologna
- 10 green big olives
- flour and cold sparkling water for the batter
- peanut oil to fry
- salt and black powder pepper.
- prepare the stuffing mixing the ricotta cheese, grated cheese, a sprinkle of salt and pepper, minced olives and mortadella.
- Wash the zucchini flowers and dry gently them on a sheet of blotting paper.
- Prepare a thick batter made with flour and cold sparkling water, add a sprinkle of salt and leave it to rest for 10/15 minutes.
- In the meanwhile, stuff the zucchini flowers with the mixture (help yourself with a tea spoon) and accurately close them.
- Warm the oil in a frying pan.
- Dip each stuffed zucchini flower in the batter at first and then fry it in the oil.
- Serve the stuffed zucchini flowers as entrée with a glass of wine you prefer and enjoy the picnic.